The year 2017 for Bollywood has been a year of despair for superstars. And kind for newbies! There have been both huge hits and flops including immense protest against Bhansali’s magnum opus, ‘Padmavati’ which is still yet to release. Where we thought movies like Jab Harry met Sejal, Tubelight, Rangoon, Jagga Jasoos would blast the box office with their collection and gain applauses from critics and audience, they certainly disappointed us in every bit. On contrary, the lower budgeted movies like Bareily ki Barfi, Toilet: Ek Prem Katha, Newton did great at the box-office. The latest Hindi movies released are Tiger Zinda Hai and Fukrey Returns which are also doing amazing at the box office.
IMG SRC: https://in.bookmyshow.com/
Talking about 2018, I’m sure it is going to be a promising year for Hindi movies. Let’s see quickly the upcoming Bollywood movies which will release next year:
- January: ‘Kaalakaandi’, a dark comedy starring Saif Ali Khan is said to release on 12 January. Directed by Akshat Verma, the movie looks interesting with its trailer launched recently. Vikram Bhatt horror movie ‘1921′ featuring Zareen Khan and Karan Kundra will also be releasing on the same date.
IMG SRC: https://www.mid-day.com/
On Republic day, there is a stiff competition between R.Balki’s comedy-drama ‘Padman’, Neeraj Pandey’s crime drama ‘Aiyaary’ and Sanjay Puran’s sci-fi ‘Chanda Mama Door Ke’. While trailers of the first two have been launched, we are still awaiting trailer of Chanda Mama Door Ke. Padman has a star list of Akshay Kumar, Sonam Kapoor, and Radhika Apte; Shraddha Kapoor, Sushant Singh Rajput, and R. Madhavan will be seen in Chand Mama Door Ke and cine actor Manoj Bajpayee will be seen along with Sidharth Malhotra in Aiyaary.
- February: Rani Mukherjee and Anushka Sharma are collaborating together for thriller film ‘Pari’ which will release on 9 February. Luv Ranjan’s romantic comedy ’Sonu Ke Titu ki Sweety’ will be competing with Pari at the box office.
Next in line is Rani Mukherjee’s ‘Hichki’ releasing on 23 February. Opposite of this will be John Abraham and Diana Penty’s ‘Parmanu: The Story of Pokhran’.
- March:The most talked about movie of Sanjay Dutt’s biopic ‘Sanju’ will be on screens on 30 March. I am jumping already! Directed by Rajkumar Hirani and Vidhu Vinod Chopra, it will bring Ranbir and Sonam once again together on screen after their debut film Saawariya. Irrfan Khan’s comedy movie ‘BLACK’produced by T-series will be the rival of Sanju Baba’s biopic in theatres.
- A plethora of thrilling movies will be seen in the month of April. Starting with the release of ‘Yamla Pagla Deewana: Phir Se’ on 2 April, Shoojit Sircar’s ‘October’ will release on 13 April. Folks! Save the date of 27 April. It will see the biggest of superstars battling on screens with Sci-fi/superhero ‘2.0’ casting Rajnikanth, Akshay Kumar in a negative role, and Amy Jackson; Biopic ‘Manikarnika: the queen of Jhansi’ starring Kangana Ranaut and Tiger Shroff’s ‘Baghi2’. I can’t contain my excitement now!(P.S:‘2.0’ is the first Indian movie to be directly shot in 3D)
IMG SRC: http://view7media.com/
5.May: Next in the list is Dharma Productions ‘Raazi’ for which Alia Bhatt is updating us with on her Instagram account. It will be released on 11 May. On 18 May, the gorgeous Kareena Kapoor Khan, the very beautiful Sonam Kapoor along with multi-talented Swara Bhaskar will share the screen in ‘Veere Di Wedding’. After the launch of the teaser poster, it made me want to get married anytime soon!
IMG SRC: https://twitter.com/
- Enjoy the holidays in June with these movies: Three major movies of Bollywood A-listers will be releasing in the month of June. The Bhai of Bollywood, Salman Khan along with Bobby Deol, Jacqueline Fernandez and Pooja Hegde will be seen in yet another installment of Race franchise. Titled as ‘Race 3’, the movie will be releasing on 15 June. Now wait for the twist! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Anil Kapoor, and power performer Rajkumar Rao will be seen together in the much awaited ‘Fanney Khan’, a musical comedy. Both the Bollywood celebrities will come together face to face not in real but on-screen on June 15. Can’t wait! Last will be Diljit Dosanjh and Taapsee’s ‘Soorma’ on 29 June.
IMG SRC: https://twitter.com/
- July: The Bollywood kids Jhanvi Kapoor and Ishan Khattar will be playing safe in July with no competition with their debut movie ‘Dhadak ’releasing on 6 July.
IMG SRC: http://www.news18.com/
- August: Arjun Kapoor and Parineeti Chopra after creating magic in Ishaqzaade will be seen together once again on 3 August in ‘Sandeep aur Pinky Faraar’ , a comedy film. Bahubali’s Prabhas will be seen opposite to Shraddha Kapoor in ‘Saaho’ releasing 10 August. The theatres will be jam-packed for Akshay Kumar’s ‘Gold’ which will be hitting the box office on the Independence Day (15th August). The Nagin fame Mouni Roy will be making her debut with thismovie according to sources. Later in the month will release ‘Batti Gul Meter Chalu’ which stars Shahid Kapoor and Ileana D’Cruz on 31 August.
- Wake me up when September ends? Right! The charming Varun Dhawan and the newly married Anushka Sharma will act for the first time in ‘Sui Dhaaghe: Made in India’ which will release on 28th September.
- October: On 2 October, the queen of hearts, Deepika Padukone and cine actor Irrfan Khan will be sharing screen space in Vishal Bharadwaj’s next untitled thriller.
- November: Eager to watch ‘Thugs of Hindostan’? Well, you will have to wait until 7 November! Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan, Fatima Sana Shaikh, and Katrina Kaif will be acting in this period adventure drama by Yash Raj Films. Furthermore, megastar Hrithik Roshan will be acting in ‘Super 30’ with actress Aditi Rao Hydari as female lead. The movie will be releasing on 23rd November.
- Hello December: December will see movies like ‘Total Dhamaal’, ‘Zara Tasveer Se Tu’, ‘Kedarnath’, ‘Krrish 4’ and ‘Simba’. Hold your breath because the three Khans– Shahrukh, Salman and Saif are coming together for Anand L. Rai’s ‘Zara tasveer se tu’ with Anushka and Katrina on 21 December. I wonder Sara Ali Khan’s debut ‘Kedarnath’ will be seeing a shift in the dates or not! Christmas will see the release of ‘Krrish 4’ and Rohit Shetty’s comedy ‘Simmba’ featuring Ranveer Singh on 28 December.
IMG SRC: https://www.theindianwire.com/
Feeling Excited Already?
They are a lot of movies! Isn’t it? The above Bollywood movies list is a compilation of the films which are creating a buzz right now. There are a number of other movies too that will be releasing next year.
We hope these new Bollywood movies are successful in making their mark at the Box office. So which new Bollywood film are you eagerly waiting to hit the screens?
For more Bollywood entertainment news, stay tuned!